Monday, June 14, 2010

The Benefit Of The Doubt



I admit, I have judged more than one book by it's cover. But I do try hard not to. I also try hard to play devil's advocate and to support the underdog.

Cliches aside, I try to be the best version of myself, most of the time.

I have run into a few walls since I've been a professional in this industry, because there are lots of stereotypes out there.

I know negative stereotypes start somewhere, and are probably perpetuated by some, in order to maintain themselves...but wow it feels awfully bad some days when you get hit with them.

I like to put my energy towards perfecting my work, and not thinking negatively about people...I am only writing this to empathize with people who have been in these ill-fitting shoes, and to remind people to always take the higher road if they run into this situation.

There's lots of room in the sandbox for everyone kids, play nice.

No comments: