Friday, March 13, 2009

Two words...


Midnight Special - yeah! Never before have I spent so long in front of the TV with such a stupid grin on. After the New Year's gig 2007, so many people watched the ads for Midnight Special in their hotel rooms, and well, we may be some of the few that actually bought it.

I don't usually rave about something, but I have to say, music in the 70's was so amazing, and maybe that's why I am so picky now. It's hard to beat The Doobie Brothers and Billie Preston, come on! Gladys Knight and those Pips! Are you serious!? That right there is reason enough to say that the music scene today just can't cut it - those costumes and sinc'd up fancy dance moves! I'm not talking a stage full of half naked, thrusting teenagers, I mean, three pink double breasted polyester suits, some cool groove and smooooth moves. T-Rex, Loggins and Messina, and wow Steely Dan....when I watch this stuff I feel so fortunate to have this in my blood...it's what my brain is made of, musically speaking....

I say, let's bring back entertainment, solid and tight players, a little sparkle, some class, and get rid of the auto-tune and skin....and what the heck, creme rinse! yeehaw!

Burt Sugarman, you are my hero!

No comments: