Thursday, August 26, 2010

Remembering Mike.....


The night Mike Norman passed away we were in the middle of making plans for an interview. He was going to do an Acid House Interview, and give some advice to up and coming artists and industry professionals.


Of course it would have been an amazing interview, because Mike was involved in so many aspects of the music industry; and not only was he a brilliant multi-instrumentalist, he was one heck of a nice guy.


For the past week everyone who knew Mike has been sharing stories about their experiences, and even though Mike can't, I was thinking that if everyone who knew him, could hand out some helpful advice, or lend a hand to an up and coming artist - I think the universe would be grateful and what a great way to remember Mike!


One thing he said to me recently that I can share was: "Go slow, that's the best way to do it!". I know I'll always remember that whether I am practicing scales or just walking the dog. Good advice. Thanks Mike.


****


The memorial service for Mike Norman will be on September 1st at 1:30pm at First Memorial Funeral Service, 1340 Dominion Ave. Port Coquitlam, BC. (Right next to the PoCo Long & McQuade).


1 comment:

becky nielsen said...

That sounds like the perfect tribute to your friend, Jenn!