Saturday, April 4, 2009

Something about Mohammed and connecting the dots....


What is the old adage, that if Mohammad cannot come to the mountain?

Well, I guess I have always thought this way, and we are always trying, especially with the Christmas album, to get the voices of lower mainland artists out to a new fan base - I mean, we sell the album at the fish market, butcher shop, the dry cleaner down the road, anywhere and everywhere a new fan may be.

So it was a nice surprise to have such a positive response this week from the Howe Sound Rehab.Society when I offered up the idea of connecting them with lower mainland artists. It was an even nicer surprise to have so many bands and solo artists get really excited about this idea, the idea of performing in places where people are not able to get out to live music venues. And I don't mean a FEW bands and artists, I mean A LOT!

It's amazing how fast and easy things come together when they fit.

Thanks to all of you who are going to be involved, and if anyone would like more information about this project, please drop me a line or tweet!

Next blog, a bunch of great self promotion material I have come across in the last few days...stay tuned...

No comments: