Monday, September 28, 2009

Updates and cool finds


It's funny that no matter how hard I try to 'relax' I always find myself working. Maybe the key is that I find so much of my work enjoyable and more often than not >>relaxing!

So while waiting for a few fiddle tracks for Uncle Gerry's last songs, we're busy working with Josh on the new Rave On website, fighting with the neck on the new Tele, cooking for friends, writing, working on the Christmas album, cleaning up the yard, some amps and generally keeping very busy.

With more time to read and work on gear etc we have made some new finds this week, both are awesome people. The first one is Lana, my cool new friend in Stockholm who shares my love of all things Odd Molly, and the second is Krishna Jain and his blog site:

http://guitargarage.blogspot.com.

We highly recommend Krishna and his site, if you need any tips on repairing vintage guitars. He has been great and wrote back to us right away > which gets high points in my book.


Insert Rant here:
(****Note here to anyone who owns a business or is starting a business where you will be interacting with people - it's super easy to set up an email responder - something like 'I have received your email but am swamped I'll get back to you as soon as possible' ...you see, easy like that...people will appreciate it, trust me on that.)
Rant over...


Oh, and a quick word about the new website; watch for gear talk, we'll cover it all from tubes, strings to repairs p/ups, amps and frets ~ we're all about the search for tone. The blog will be moved there, there will be an artist's page, and well you can see from the small picture above a bit about what we'll have going on. We want it to be an interactive and groovy site, so if you have ideas or suggestions, we're happy to hear what they are!

OK going to take pie out of oven and get on Christmas work.

No comments: